Thursday, June 17, 2010

Getting on through crafting....



Today is a better day for many reasons.  

1.  Not crying as much as yesterday (but still SO sad)

2. I am packing to go to San Diego and Laguna Beach with my  handsome husband for our ten year anniversary.

3. It is the last day of boot camp and I have not lost a pound!!!!! lol!

4. I finished my French General jewelry kit and am loving it all!

5. I get to take Jackie's 4th of July legs class tonight!

6.  I am so overwhelmed with the compassionate response I got about the passing of Jaycee.  Thank you and I am hugging all of you if I ever run into you!!!

Here are the things I have been working on since last weekend.  It is so nice to be able to sew and make jewelry through this time to keep my mind occupied.  
This is a cuff inspired by three of the people I am obsessed with right now.  The flower is a ruffle flower that I learned on an ezine from Cassandra.  The other parts of it was inspired from my new Ruth Rae book and Rebecca Sowers blog pics!!!  I want to make one of these after vacation for a give away if people like it.  :)

This is the jewelry I have made over the last couple of days (through the tears) from my French General kits.  I love them!!!!
This silk brooch is for a blog friend that I will get to meet in person when we get to San Diego!  (Hope she likes green)

Amazing the healing power of creating is for a hurt soul.

I want to thank all my blog friends, face book friends, tangible friends, and family for all the love and support during this tough time of losing our Jay girl.  Pets touch us in a way like no other and it was so comforting to hear from all of you in sympathy and empathy.  I love you all!!!!  It REALLY did help to hear each of your kind words.

I love you Ryan!!!! Happy anniversary my amazingly sweet and handsome best friend!!!

11 comments:

  1. Hey Shelley! You WON a journal too?! Did you get it yet? Which one did you win? They were all gorgeous. I didn't find out until a week after it ended. Apparently, they sent me an email but it never went through. I'm so glad they tried again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I just read about JayCee..it does get better with time. She had a wonderful loving home and gave you a lot of joy. some day you will be able to remember but you will still be sad. And even tho yes there are a lot of awful tings going on it is still a big loss to your family.
    Enjoy your San Diego trip .. (())

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you! Have a wonderful trip. So glad you are feeling better. Art does save. Your blogger friend will love her present. Love the French General jewelry you've created, so glad you showed them...I will go break open those little metal tins that I've just looked at. Happy summer to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Shelley!!!!!!!!!! Sitting here with tears pouring down my face... I am soooooooooo sorry for your loss of your precious Jay Cee. They are indeed the heart beat at our feet. I had not been blogging as much the last week (cleaning for the Studio Pary you know) & just read your post about Jay Cee. Oh sweetie I WISH I could tell you this gets better. It doesn't. Or hasn't. Just numbs a bit. All it takes is something to remind you & BAMMMMMMMMMMMM it's like being stabed in the heart. The only think that makes it bearable is that YOU got to be the lucky one she spent her life with. And YOU LOVED her as much (well, I don't know if we humans are able to love so compleley as our fur babies)as she loved you. The proof is that you did not let her suffer. I know that is not much comfort but,it's true. I would rather hurt for the loss than let my precious girl suffer one more day. Thank you for your kind words about Reba. That picture on my sidebar was taken the day I put her down. Try to have fun on your trip. It will help to be away. Congratulations on 10 years. They fly by don't they? Try 39!!!!!!!! Spend time with your sweetie & let your heart heal. Hugs sweet girl & I am so sorry & I feel your pain. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Everything you've been making is SO pretty, Shelly! I am so sorry about your doggie and am happy to hear that today was a better day that the last. They will get better.... promise! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe Shelley Girl,
    I love your list that's helping you keep your chin up during this sad time. Sorry to hear about Jaycee...she's a beauty...now can you imagine her with her wings??? wow! :)
    Take care of you...and Happy Anniversary!!!!
    I hope every day is easier from here on out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Shelley,
    I'm so sorry to read about your girl dog. I know how hard and painful it is, Honey. I've been there. It's good that you have your art to keep you grounded and happy. Keep doing what you're doing and making beautiful art to feed your soul. Have a wonderful anniversary too.
    Hugs,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so so sorry to hear about your precious dog. I've been in your shoes and it's such a hard place to be.
    Hope you feel better today.
    Happy Anniversary and have a wonderful time.
    Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary Shelley, How wonderful that you are at the Del. I love your Cuff and the other stuff that you made! Love ya, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Shelley!
    Happy Anniversary! I dig those bracelets! Nice job! I too love Rebecca Sowers creations. Your Honey Girl Studio creations should be arriving soon!
    Smiles-
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE LOVE love those cuffs! And the seashore jewelry-my BFF would love those :o) Great pics, great creations...Sending good thoughts and strength your way during this tough time concerning JayCee.

    natalie
    www.1hungryhippie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! :)