Monday, April 9, 2012

Moving on in my art journaling.....

I am taking a few different online classes.  One being an e-zine class of Teresa McFayden's.  I have learned to not be so critical of my handwriting and just have fun creating despite it!

This is one of the journals I am working on right now.  I still have no idea what I am going to title it.

This was a fun couple of pages.  I scribbled out a lot of gibberish of family events.  I don't know if I am journaling or just writing out random thoughts.

I always stick with the number 5 since there are 5 in our little family.  I really like the way these have turned out.  They are decently quick and a lot of fun.

This one is a work in progress.  I think I will stamp, "A song in my heart," or something.  This one was inspired from a pic I saw on pinterest.

A very sweet and good friend of mine Robin made me a beautiful collage a few years back.  This one is inspired by that piece.  I had already decided that if a tornado came tonight (we are under tornado watch) that Robin's collage would be one of the things I grabbed as we ran to the basement.  I love it!

This is another online journal class that I am taking of Christy Thomlinson's  titled "she has three hearts."  I put my spin on it a little.  

I am really enjoying these classes!  I have ideas for 3 other journals that I am collecting supplies to start.  Art is what most of my art friends (one today was Nan) call their therapy but I am afraid I need therapy for my obsessive art hysteria I fall in from time to time!!  I am nervous for my husband to balance the ol' checkbook!


  1. Oh your pages are super fun!! Thanks bunches for sharing! :)

    Happy Spring!
    xo Jenny

    1. Thank you Jenny! It has been such a fun time!

  2. I've missed you! Thanks for sharing your art journals - I love to see what you've been up to. :)

  3. This totally inspires me to get working on mine again.

    Are you still working in the PTA or did you finally hand off the torch to someone else?


I would love to know what you think! :)