Monday, February 22, 2010

Kasey's Sewing Box

I am still obsessing over these cigar boxes!!! Kasey has been stressing a little over time lines of having to get her drapes out.  She sits and sews all day with the occasional run to the city to buy extras for the curtains to look fabulous!  I thought I would make her a sewing box.  I had some great pattern looking stamps but then thought "make it fun and cheerful!"  So I dug out some fun paper I just bought and was able to make it with only two pieces of 12X12 paper.  I love it and thought it turned out super cute!  She is about to bust out Maranda's bedding in a few weeks too!  So I hope when her back is hurting and her eyes are crossing while she sits  for hours and sews for Marnada, she can look at the box and be happy!  (As opposed to thinking "why am I friends with this girl!!")   I am dying to put Holly's invitations for her baby shower on here that I made all day yesterday!  They are so Hollyesque!  I think she will love them!  Amy and I are having a lot of fun getting it all figured out!  Anyhoo, I will save them for the shower blog!!!  And yes I have not forgot my other girlfriends who want a box and I am getting to it!:)

4 comments:

  1. Love Love Love it! You know I couldn't help myself and I had to peek! Can't wait to fill it up! Thanks for being such a loving friend! Don't know where I'd be without ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh...did I mention I sew? hehe...SOOOO adorable, girl!!! She's gonna love it! I might be tempted to fill it full of chocolates...stitch a little, eat a little...stitch...eat! That's my kind of sewing! Keep posting them...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sewing box, and I love your sweet, thoughtful heart. What a lovely thing to do for your friend. And I can't wait to see the invitations. Thank you for all you're doing, Shelley, it's not like you have a lot of free time, and I appreciate you so much! xo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! :)