Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Look away the faint of heart!!!! Science Fair Time

This is definitely not an arts and crafts entry!  This is science fair time!!!  My son is in kindergarten and we discussed moving electrons to make static electricity.  We went to my girlfriends house with her kids and made our hair stand on end to make static electricity! The kids had fun playing with balloons and learned a little.  Then we got down to the nitty gritty.......THE DISSECTION OF A PIG!!!!  

Most people know of my girlfriend Kasey Jo as the gorgeous sweet mom that grows a fabulous garden and sews the most amazing bedding and drapes.  Not everyone knows that she is a secret biologist.  She has a biology degree and itches for any moment like today to display her talents.  She made neat  incisions and did a wonderful job explaining everything to the kids.  I was fascinated too!!!!  How lucky am I to have her as one of my best friends?!?!?

5 comments:

  1. I had to dissect a fetal pig in high school. My girlfriend/lab partner didn't get it done in time, so had to bring it home for homework. We stuck in my refrigerator and when my mom came home with groceries, she almost died of a heart attack! LOL The neighbors could hear her SCREAMS! The smell was enough to kill ya..haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I almost spit up my coffee! Kasey is so gorgeous and petite and super-model-esque, and here she is in the driveway dissecting a pig, as if she's showing them how to plant flowers. My boys woulda loved it. I probably woulda passed out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Yay for Kasey..I'm impressed too!I had to dissect a frog in like 6th grade and had to go outside and throw up..a baby pig??? No Way! Way to go to all that even watched her.Kasey you rock! Static hair..cute and always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a good experience for the kiddos!! Glad to know there's still a little Biology stuck in my brain somewhere! Glad you guys came out to help. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! :)