Friday, February 19, 2010



My new obsession is decorating cigar box's!  I got a great kit from Franc and put it together while watching the olympics.  I call it "Bird in a Dress!"  I love it and think it is so cleaver.  Then today I went to "My Heart's Fancy," (btw I heart My Heart's Fancy)  and made this adorable Catherine Moore box that was designed by the famous Lisa Bruno:).  Then of course I had to go and get a few cigar boxes so I could come up with some of my own!!!
Thanks for putting up with the last post of the science fair!  It turned out so awesome and the kids had a blast! It is amazing what the kids and their folks came up with.  I can't wait until next year!  Of course, I love any opportunity to get in front of people with a microphone!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Shelley...I love blogs!!!My sister has one..jdscandles.com check it out! another cute one is cherry hill cottage, Congratulations on this and have fun!!! Love, Mondaie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your boxes Miss Overholt..... now get the rest of them finished in your SPARE time.................. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I love ,love the cigar box's..I have an obsession with container's..and these are cute containers..you are going to have to make me one of these in your spare time..ha ha..but i will be looking for a cigar box just in case!I enjoyed the science fair blog but was having trouble commenting that day..am trying again on this one..wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I saw lots of old cigar boxes for sale at Britton Road Mall. (It's a flea market style antique mall next to French Quarter Antique Mall on Britton Rd). Can't recall how much $ they wanted for them. You are so busy these days making stuff! Keep posting your goodies for us to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I love your memory boxes. You ladies in Oklahoma City are twice blessed, you have two of the best teachers I have had the privilege of knowing. Beautiful project. I can't wait to see what you all do next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time reading this blog, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! :)