Friday, April 30, 2010

First day of creating at Mary Englebriet

Our first class bright and early this morning was our aqua bracelet class by Kaari Meng!  I have never made any jewelry before, and to make my first piece and be taught by Kaari was so exciting!!!!  This picture is awful of the bracelet (sorry I need to learn to use the camera)  This is our new friend Priscilla from CA and she made a rosey pink one and it was sooooo beautiful.  I think I am definitely hooked on making jewelry now.  Good thing because I need another obsession!!!

The second class I took with my new friend Miacha was Claudin Hellmuth's sitting pretty dolls and I didn't get a picture of the finished product yet.  I loved this class and learned some amazing new techniques!!!  She was a lot of fun!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! Love the bracelets girls. Have a great day tomorrow................see ya when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous, you are already out creating fun new stuff. It is raining here in WA - surprise, surprise. Have a fun weekend and keep posting.
    Hugs,
    Amada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jewelry, quilting, embroidery....we've got lots to do sista! Can't wait to hear all about it! Missing you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jewelry making it is so fun and Kaari is amazing! It looks like you are having a blast! Goofd for you!! Im adding your blog to my roll... talk soon!
    xo
    Bryanna
    www.thecanaryscupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that bracelet is beautiful! darn I shoulda offered to go with you and carry your luggage :)
    Does Leslie have a blog? I would post it in the message if I knew it and add it too.
    I added yours to my list of favorites

    (())
    Francie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelly looks like you have spent another magical weekend at the Mary E. weekend!!! LUCKY YOU! I am trying to get myself to Kim Caldwells event in July. Are you interested in going to that? Everyone raves about her events being over the top. I am looking for a roommate. What do ya think about going out?

    Oh I wanted some of that honey & didn't think about shipping it(I just didn't want to add the weight to my suitcase or risk a spill). Let me know what you think of it. Hubby is on a new kick of Raw Honey & Cinnamon for weight loss. Seems like it may be helping. Thanks for the sweet comments on my photos of the shop. You are welcome to borrow any you would like.
    LOVE your bracelet. Let's keep in touch & let me know what you think about July in California. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. sheeeelleeeey! girl have to come out to CA. i had an awesome time with u & jemilla! who'd a thunk it! my 2 midwestern ladies.
    are those darm tornadoes {sp?} touching down near y'all. yikes!!
    take care sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! :)