Sunday, March 7, 2010

Easter Eggs Eggstavaganza!!!

So nice to have my husband back home from his golf trip to Arizona!  It's always nicer to have help when herding kids!!! lol  I have been obsessing and obsessing over Gabrielle Messina's eggs I saw on Sugar Sugar's site!  I even bought one on etsy.  So I made up my version and gave them to my Mother in law and sister in law.  I bought some gold leaf today and covered these eggs that I will have to make up next week.  Gold leafing is not an easy undertaking!!  Anyways, yesterday I had an awesome day with my girlfriend Holly.  We had sooooooo much fun!!  We went to some fun artsy stores.  We had a fun lunch at Nicholett's, which is the closest thing OKC has to offer to NYC's Tavern on the Green!!! lol  I had had a cruddy week so it was great to be with Holly and talk and laugh all afternoon.  We found a great antique store with lots of millinery flowers to buy!!!  I was soooo excited!  I think we wore her out considering she is 8 months pregnant.
I have to give my speech to the Jr. League of OKC tomorrow night at the Lyric theater.  This is fine and I do it all the time for the Go Red Association however, I only get 5 minutes and there will be a women with a cue card counting me down!!!  I will feel like I am on the Oscar's I guess!!! lol
Kasey and I fly out Tuesday for D.C.  We are hoping we have all our ducks in a row since it is just the two of us!!!  I will be going to Capitol Hill to talk to our Congressmen and woman about Heart disease and telling my survivor story.  I am excited and a bit nervous too!!! Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. The eggs look AMAZING, Shelley! Gorgeous! You are FAST, girl.

    I'm so excited for you to be going to DC to talk about your experience. You are an amazing woman and I'm so grateful to be your friend. You will do a GREAT job. You were BORN for public speaking, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Eggs Miss Shelley...........Good luck with all your speaking engagements. You'll do fine girl!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! :)