Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sugar Eggs at Paxton Farm's

This was one of my favorite art projects!  The sweet and most beautiful Cherryl Paxton prepared the eggs because they take awhile to set up.  We got to decorate the inside then ice the rest.  It was so fun and I realize my cake decorating skills were lacking.  We all chose little chicks in a nest to put inside.  Cherryl hand made all types of beautiful flowers for us to use.   I loved Leslie's purple flowered egg.  Leslie seemed to have had a knack for this.  I am hoping she picks it up so we can make more next year!!!


  Cherryl's house was also amazing.  The fountain was from the Tuttle Methodist Chrch from the late 1800's.  Misti is so fortunate to have a family with so many heirlooms,  albums with all their families genealogy and such a great mother in law to invite us all in.  I can't wait to make another sugar egg!  Thanks Cherryl.  You are an amazingly thoughtful and sweet person!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Shelley I love those eggs...they bring back so many childhood memories. I know you all had a fun time. Maybe next year we can have a class at the PC and make them.
    Have a wonderful Easter weekend.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley...Love the pic of you holding on to that pastry bag for dear life!!! hahaha...I just adore you so much! You are so lucky to have been able to do that. I have such fond memories of getting sugar eggs for Easter when I was a young duck. It's nice to know someone with such great talent is willing to share that. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEk! I have been wanting to make some of these! Yours are so pretty! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! :)