Sunday, March 21, 2010

Holly's Shower

IT WAS AMAZING that almost everyone we invited to Holly's shower came!!!! It was so fun!  She is so loved and received so many wonderful and thoughtful gifts!!!  So many girls made things too!!!  Amy, Holly's sister, and I fretted over the blizzard that blew through yesterday.  It was great that the snow cleared so that we could go on with the show.  This has been a fun, cold and sad weekend.  Early Saturday morning Ryan's Grandad,  Dr. Elbert Overholt, passed away.  It was such a difficult time.  Then we got stuck at home with the blizzard that came through.  (Being snowed in yesterday was a great excuse for Ryan and I to watch "New Moon" in the basement!!!)  Now Ryan is packing to leave for Oman and I am sad again.  I didn't get pics of all the wonderful gifts since they were all packed up.  I was able to pull a few things out of sacks to snap a few shots.  Robin made an amazing journal, Jemelia made 4 cute bibs,  Lori made some adorable onsies (which I couldn't find to get a pic),  and Amy made corsages and I am not sure who all gave what else since I was jabbering away with everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Everything was so lovely, Shelley, and so good to see you, Holly, and the girls. Always fun to meet new people, too! So soooo great to get out and enjoyed my time with Robin, too! What a killing that mama made...great stuff!

    What's our next get together? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a wonderful time at Holly's shower. I know she loved all the food, gifts and friends.
    So sorry about Grandfather Overholt.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was AMAZING, Shelley. I am speechless! Thank you so much. I am so grateful for the beautiful shower and all the sweet gifts. Oh wow, look at me in these photos. Gosh, your camera must be adding like 60 or 70 pounds, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun was had and Holly scored many amazing gifts. Your house is beautiful. Holly was trully glowing.

    Peace be with you this difficult week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, my comment disappeared. Well, the party was amazing! Thanks for letting E come, she had a delightful time. Holly was glowing and Robin made her cry. Great times.

    Sorry to hear of your family's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shelley.....I thought I had made a comment already.....but I don't trust my memory this week!! Had a wonderful time and it was so nice to see all of Holly's beautiful gifts....she was truly a glowing beauty!! Your house is so beautiful and your craft/art area is to die for!! Thanks to you and Holly's sis for hosting such a beautiful shower. Loved seeing the "girls" and meeting new ones.....ready for the next party...lol....love ya!!

    My thoughts are with you and your family this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shelley.....might be cute to get a pic of the girls....can I get one from ya? :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! :)